Fact files provide detailed information on a range of biotechnology related topics.
- Biofuels - benefits and risks [PDF]
- Biofuels - the basics [PDF]
- Biofuels - the current status of the industry worldwide [PDF]
- Biotechnology and medical research [PDF]
- Cloning and genetic engineering
- Deoxyribo Nucleic Acid (DNA)
- Genes, lifestyle and disease
- Genetically modified organisms and wine [PDF]
- Human Genome Project (HGP)
Young Science Communicators Writing Initiative:
In an initiative to offer a platform to exercise skills in science communication, PUB commissioned a group of young scientists to write popular articles on various topics relating to biotechnology applications. Read their on articles on topics including sustainable energy, aquaculture, palaeogenomics, and more... Click here to view.
Previous PUB Quarterly Newsletters:
Shedding Light on Human Genetic Diversity
A paper detailing the the Southern African Genome Sequencing Project and its results was published in the journal Nature.
A range of teaching aids are available in a number of different languages
Interested in a career in the exciting field of biotechnology?
Find out more!