Past Media Round Tables
Media Round Tables are essentially an interactive form of media briefing, involving a cross section of relevant stakeholders to enable all perspectives/viewpoints to be expressed and discussed in equal standing.
MRTs held to date include the following:
- Modern day technologies to address Biodiversity challenges
- 04 August 2010
- Stem cell research
25 November 2009
- Biopharming or bio-harming, 11 November 2009
- Role of biotechnology in food security
29 October 2009
- GM Potato
29 October 2009
- Biological Forensic Analysis
17 September 2009
- From toxic waters to profitable ponds or bugs into battle
4 August 2009
- DNA Fingerprinting in Forensics
25 March 2009
25 Febuary 2009
- Nanotechnology Media Round Table
11 November 2008
- Biotechnology in Medical Research Media Round Table
15 October 2008
- GMO Usage in Wine Production Media Round Table
25 June 2008
- Biofuels Media Round Table
4 March 2008
Young Science Communicators Writing Initiative:
In an initiative to offer a platform to exercise skills in science communication, PUB commissioned a group of young scientists to write popular articles on various topics relating to biotechnology applications. Read their on articles on topics including sustainable energy, aquaculture, palaeogenomics, and more... Click here to view.
Previous PUB Quarterly Newsletters:
Shedding Light on Human Genetic Diversity
A paper detailing the the Southern African Genome Sequencing Project and its results was published in the journal Nature.
A range of teaching aids are available in a number of different languages
Interested in a career in the exciting field of biotechnology?
Find out more!